News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Artist(s) Sought for ORX

Started by greyorm, October 17, 2003, 03:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greyorm

Heya all,

ORX's planned release in the 4th Quarter of this year has been delayed due to a number of factors, both personal and project-based. One of those factors is the lack of artwork, hence I am seeking an artist or two who would like to illustrate the gamebook for me.

For those of you who don't know about ORX, you can check out a very old, semi-incoherent copy of the game here (complete with eye-straining red text on black background!) for ideas about the tone and style of the writing in the game to match the illustrations to.

Now, you may be asking yourself, "Raven, why in all the Nine Worlds aren't you just illustrating it yourself?"

Well, sir, the answer is "time:" between finishing the manuscript, working two jobs (in addition to writing), doing the illustration for a couple other projects, and taking care of the new baby, I don't have enough hours in the day for illustrating ORX as well.

Stylistically, I am looking for black-and-white line art right now; however, if you have a style or ideas that impress me, I might ditch and go with yours.

ORX will be released as a PDF product and a print product (once I get all my information together for the latter), hence I will need nice, crisp, print-quality files, rather than screen-quality.

What's the pay?
Unfortunately, I can't guarantee any sort of pay right now, other than a free copy of the game when it comes out and your name in the credits. So, if you're looking to get published, this is a good place to start.

Depending on how well ORX sells, artists may or may not have a check cut to them later. Regardless, I have other projects in the works that I will be calling on outside illustrators for, and those projects will pay -- the benefit is that anyone who works with me now will get first chance at those.

Interested parties can e-mail me samples of their work (or website gallery URL), or their desire to work on the project, via the "E-mail" or "PM" buttons down below, or from my website.

Thanks!
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Valamir

Raven, are you looking for tough and nasty looking orcs or slightly comical ala Elfs style orcs.

If the former I picked up a portfolio from a guy at GenCon that I was considering for future projects and it contained a couple nice tough and nasty monster types that might fit your bill.

greyorm

Heya Ralph,

That's actually something I've been waffling on a little bit. I'd like to include both, but I need a good way to mix them so they don't conflict.

I've been considering doing as follows: the main illustrations as hard-core tough, nasty-looking beasts and things, with "comics" (one-panel) here and there amid the text (perhaps as amusing instructive devices).

Thus, if you think the artist you mention might be interested, drop him a line and let him know I'm looking.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio