News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Key20Jason: Stephen King's 'It'

Started by Uratoh, November 04, 2001, 02:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uratoh

I've noticed a large number of similarities between the world in 'It' and the world in LF, and the flaws and perks seem PERFECTLY engineered to recreate the characters from that movie...was this intentional, or just a coincidence from taking movie stereotypes?

Jason L Blair

You've just hit on something that's been amusing me since the reviews on RPGnet came out. I've never read Stephen King's It though I did watch the TV movie when it first came out. As far as the Qualities, it's just a coincidence. Nothing was referenced for that list, it was just me and some friends (most notably Nemo Sicking and John McGraw who are given special thanks in the credits) bouncing ideas at work. I'm happy that they apparently can be used to recreate It as that has become a good comparison to hand people unfamiliar with Little Fears but there was no direct influence (maybe something subconscious from seeing the movies many years ago?).
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Ian O'Rourke

IT - that would be Stephen King's last good book? :smile:

Seriously, still not managed to grab a copy of Little Fears, but from what I've heard, the book (IT) would be a perfect example of the game.
Ian O'Rourke
www.fandomlife.net
The e-zine of SciFi media and Fandom Culture.