News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Playing with the idea of "Lineage" in Sorcerer

Started by sirogit, October 31, 2003, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirogit

One of the concepts for something to do in Sorcerer is playing around with the idea of "Lineage", which I will define as, the sense of the supernatural descending from one source. It's usually most present in Religious-mythos, such as the hebrew-mythos that base it's supernatural occurences loosely on the bible and it's paradigm of God, the devil, angels, etc...

So I was thinking of a setting in which all demons are the Spawn(Might have to change Spawning rules to add more flexibility) of one very powerful demon who's existence is closely tied with the themes of the setting.

Now, this could very easily be just color, but I would like it if the game addressed the fact that all demons are created from the same thing. Possible themes would be:

A)Reccurring themes in demons.

B) The ability to effect or just muck around with  this lineage at a meaningfull scale(Which would work well with C.)

C)The game taking place at multiple time periods, not nessecarily out of time travel. The concept about the game skipping and falling pass centuries featured in the main book looked rather appealing.  

D) Demons relationships and responsibilities within the lineage becoming a consideration

E) A sense of impending dread centerred around the source of the demons.

I would be intereasted in playing something like this with a setting akin to Demon Cops, but instead of cops, the characters could be the appointed caretakers/suppressors of the demonic lineage somehow.

Do you think that the increased Demonology would either take away some of the room for more human-related issues? Or make demons too scientific? Any other feelings about the idea? Perhaps someone could recomend me a book with the concept of such a thing?

Judd

I love the idea of Demons coming from this huge disfunctional family.  That could be fun.