News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Why and how Come

Started by Syranos, November 05, 2003, 11:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syranos

The main reason why is to test myself. I have been a roleplayer for years and a D.M./Storyteller for a long time about 14 years. I wasn't quiet happy with the existing systems and little brainstorm clouds formed in my head. Now this system is a hurricane begging for release. I mean I have created over 500 spells for two seperate types of magic. Gemstone inspired by the reading of R.A. Salvatore and essence casting inspired by general magic systems. The sociopolitical structure is setup and there are about 40,000 years of history I've got to put down but those will be for the novels to accompany the main game.
                    The true purpose of this game is for me to enjoy other people enjoying my work. I appreciate the replies I recieved last time they really got me thinking. I look forward to recieving more hopefully I'll have a website soon to post maps and brief history description to get the mouth watering. While I'm stuck in Atlanta my friends back home are corresponding me regularly to keep up the development. I suppose it wasn't fair to ask for help without posting more info. The guys and gals back home have inside info cause they were there at the brainstorming. The novels will be written by seperate people who may work on the same project from 2 diffrent points of view. Thats their creativity i'm not getting in the way"I'm skinny that could be unhealthy".
                       The free flow of the system is designed to balance out that power difference that has always existed in most roleplaying games"ie starwars why does everybody want to be a jedi" the answer is power. D&D mages start off weak yet they can become the most powerful class if properly played but no one wants the hastle of the low level low hitpoint headache. I'm trying to change that sure there will be disadvantges but there will also be enough advantages and versatility that people will enjoy their characters. Also as a statemnet to those mage players out there you know you liked how third edition outlined artificing and enchanting objects for d&d.
                  In all my evil mage plotting I havent forgotten about warriors If i got to have a stupid stat that you get a bonus for I might as well have a use for it to. Warriors will be able to use their essnce to powercombat skills and to preform feats of heroism"disadvantge warriors get less essence than mages so the fine art of blade rush will be up in the future something to look forward to. Well here's a little more info rip into it  and tear me apart build me up. I can take it. Besides I'm shooting for the moon so put rocks in the path to make me stronger. Your voice matters I need to hear it!!!!!!!

Oh yeah you can email me at "tech_rune@yahoo.com".
From the depths of magic I bring forth new power.

Mike Holmes

So, just to clarify, essentially this is a fix of D&D?

Why do you feel the need to make a new system? Have you considered using any of the hundreds of systems available that fix D&D one way or another? If you think that I'm exaggerating, check out this page:
http://www.darkshire.net/~jhkim/rpg/freerpgs/bykeyword/fantasy.html

These are just free ones. There are lots more that you can buy.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.