News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

No Press RPG Anthology (II)

Started by xiombarg, October 31, 2003, 04:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xiombarg

Is this project still live? I hope so, because I just sent in a submission...
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

Daniel Solis

¡El Luchacabra Vive!
-----------------------
Meatbot Massacre
Giant robot combat. No carbs.

Luke

!!

Just got the first two submissions for the NPA this weekend.

Alright, we are rolling now. These seem pretty straightforward so I'll send them along to Rich Forest for editing shortly. The author's will then get a commented rtf back in which they can make changes and then resubmit to me.

rawk and roll
-L

Ron Edwards

Matt Machell

Hi Luke,

Just to let you know, I've decided to submit the revised version of The Agency for the Nopress anthology. I just need to tweak wording somewhat...

-Matt

Jeph

Well, the Burner of Dice has forcefully dragged me into this project, and it turns out that I'll be submitting Pagoda at the end of the month after it's undergone a bit of playtesting. Yay me!

--Jeff
Jeffrey S. Schecter: Pagoda / Other

Lxndr

I'm tempted to submit Snowball, but I'm not sure if it's different enough to stand on its own, rather than "a variant of The Pool."

Hrm.
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

Luke

That's three games so far, and a very strong showing to start!

Pretender, Pagoda and WTF? are all in the cue for editing. (Though Pagoda is going to get some playtesting before it gets officially submitted).

The sooner you get your games to me, the faster we can get this project out and into the hands of eager gamers everywhere.

I've also got the initial concepts for the layout down, and I'm excited. I love white space!

And I don't mean to be a spoilsport, but please post only comments, questions and announcements of actual submissions. While I love to hear the nifty titles of all your games, posting a "perhaps i'll submit..." doesn't really serve any purpose.

Come on! Just submit the damn thing and stop talking about it!

three down...
-Luke

Daniel Solis

I'm terrible with play examples so the one included in WTF? concerning jam sessions may not be any help. Have El Editor feel free to tear it apart. :)
¡El Luchacabra Vive!
-----------------------
Meatbot Massacre

Rich Forest

Don't worry, Daniel.  I'll feel free to tear everything apart ;-)

Thanks for submitting, by the way.  I've said this before, but I'll say it again:  This project is cool.  

Rich

Matt Machell

My submission should now be winging its way to Luke.

-Matt

Lxndr

Snowball has wung (winged?) its way to Luke, now that I finally have Mr. West's blessing for my Pool-inspired account.

Abzu's last update said there were three games - Pretender, Pagoda and WTF?.  Matt The Lastnameless One has submitted something, and I have, making it at least five.  

Has anyone else submitted anything, Luke?  What might we be able to expect when this baby is finally sent to the printer?  I know in the original thread, our own Mr. Holmes said he had a submission prepared to send - did that get to you?

Just FYI, Snowballs "style" pretty much isn't one, feel free to tweak with the layout and style to your heart's content.  If you need an RTF submission I can provide one.  Thanks for doing this, Luke - there's a lot of little games that I'd be happy to see finally getting a physical, printed home, and I'm glad that at least some of them soon will.

Daniel Solis

If it's okay to have more than one submission from a single designer, I'd be willing to submit Freak High.
¡El Luchacabra Vive!
-----------------------
Meatbot Massacre

xiombarg

Heck, if that's okay, I'd be tempted to thow Faster, Better, Cheaper in as well.
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

Lxndr

Have either of you sent in your 2nd contributions?