Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 04:25:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 86 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Publishing Snowball  (Read 4416 times)
Lxndr
Acts of Evil Playtesters

Master of the Inkstained Robes

« on: November 06, 2003, 07:36:01 AM »

Up to this point, I've offered Snowball free from the Twisted Confessions website.  I have no plans to stop doing that.  However, I am also tempted to submit it to the No Press Anthology that Luke/abzu is putting together.  I'd like to see my name in print, so to speak, and Snowball is my only truly complete and playtested game.

That said, it's unabashedly a derivative/relative of the Pool, mechanically speaking, and I'm not quite sure how much of the "copyright" of the game I might or might not own.  So, James, whether or not I need your approval (which I'm unsure) I'd still like to ask, and recieve it, before I decide to submit Snowball to the NPA.

So, may I?

Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming
James V. West

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 08:01:30 PM »

As long as you acknowledge The Pool and it's author (yours truly) in your game, then have at it. And good luck with it!

Luke

Conventions Forum Moderator, First Thoughts Pest

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2003, 08:19:25 AM »

James,
Would you like to put The Pool in the NPA alonside Snowball? Could be a fun exercise in design. Something like: two directors given the same script come back with two completely different films.

Could be fun.

-Luke

James V. West

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 04:23:44 PM »

Ok, but fill me in on NPA. I haven't been keeping up lately...

Luke

Conventions Forum Moderator, First Thoughts Pest

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 10:57:21 PM »

Hi James,

Basically, I am putting together an anthology of "No Press" short-form rpgs. Rpgs that would not otherwise see print will be presented with their brethren in a nice printed edition. Authors retain all the rights and each gets a cut of the sales. You can check out all the details in these threads if you're interested.

Currently, Snowball makes my 6th contribution. We are almost ready to roll!

http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?t=8350

http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?t=8562

-Luke

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: