News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

New Tekumel / EPT rules

Started by slocum, November 05, 2003, 10:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slocum

Yes, indeed, there is a new Tekumel: The Empire of the Petal Throne rule set coming out from Guardians of Order. It is based on the Tri-Stat system, though modified into 6 stats. It looks very good. It is scheduled to be released 1Q04 (they say Jan 2004, but it has been delayed before). The design team has been demoing it for the last 2-3 years at GenCon.

Also, U-Con in Ann Arbor, MI has a Tekumel Track every year. This year's convention is November 14-16 at the student union on the Univ. of Mich. Ann Arbor campus. They have at least 2 events per time slot throughout the con, a LARP Saturday night, a live teleconference with M.A.R. Barker, and other events. It is great fun.

BTW, there are 3 new novels as well: The Lords of Tsamra, The Prince of Skulls, and The Death of Kings (just released this month). For more info, see: http://www.zotpub.com.

Ron Edwards

The above post was split from T&T to Empire of the Petal Throne, last posted to in July 2003.

Brett, your post is clearly the result of a search & reply strategy to promote the new product. As such, I consider it spam.

This thread is closed.

Best,
Ron

Calithena

Actually, Ron, I know Brett, and I was discussing Sorcerer on the Tekumel list (groups.yahoo.com/group/tekumel) just in the last few days, along with some musings about using Barker's demonology and a definition of Humanity in terms of connectedness to Clan as a possible basis for a Sorcerer game. So he probably came to this site for that reason. Further, Brett is not directly affiliated with GoO or the new game or Zottola Publishing in any way - he's only a Tekumel fan. The post may still be 'spam', or even inappropriate for the Forge, but I think Brett came to the Forge by honest means. He's a moderator on the Tekumel list and I think he probably thought there might be some interest here in the new game - I guess what I'm saying is that while it may be a mistake, I'm pretty sure it's an honest one.

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Damn it. Sean, that's three times you've done this. When I say a thread is closed, it's closed. Do not post to it again.

This is not a power-trip on my part. It's a necessary feature of the Forge's functions. Saying, "Well, it must not apply to me, if I'm saying this," is absolutely unacceptable.

For your and everyone else's information, Brett and I have already discussed everything you've mentioned. His intentions are not the issue - the post and its contents are the issue.

This thread is closed.

Best,
Ron