News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Secrecy and stamina

Started by Manu, November 06, 2001, 04:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manu

Hey all,

Here are two questions for Ron:

1-the Rule of Secrecy forbids Demons from revealing their existence to the world; wouldn't that prohibit their blatant use as combat monsters, as is showed in the book examples? the Demon might think "uh oh, if I can't kill everybody, a guy might flee and reveal my existence...mmm, no way, I'm coming out there". What would be guidelines for demons and secrecy?

2-While Containing a Demon, a bonus die is attributed for each successful roll of the sorcerer's Lore vs. his own Stamina. Doesn't that mean that the tougher the sorcerer is physically, the harder for him to concentrate on the task ?(he'll probably fail his Lore vs Stamina rolls, thus gaining no bonus dice)

Thanks for casting some light on this.
-------------
Manu

Ron Edwards

Hi Manu,

The Rule of Secrecy may be interpreted pretty broadly. My view is that if someone came running up to me, babbling about seeing a demon, I'd probably not be inclined to start believing in demons all over the place. As the Rule states, demons are not especially worried about being SEEN AT ALL, but rather about KNOWLEDGE OF THEIR EXISTENCE being widespread.

In practice, I take a less "what demons want" approach to the whole question anyway, and generally consider that it would take a MASSIVE load of confirmatory evidence to begin to threaten the Rule of Secrecy.

As for the Stamina/Contain questions, check this out:
http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=538&forum=7&4">Contains discussion

Best,
Ron