News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Damage

Started by The big blue ape, November 11, 2003, 05:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The big blue ape

Well, some time ago my character acquired the ability to projectile vomit, the seneschal was stumped on the amount of damage it would give, i am also stumped, any suggestions?
"Carpe Cavem"
Seize the Cave
Charles "Nuwanda" Dalton

Thanaeon

Umm... None at all?

ZazielsRephaim

Gives your opponent -2 to all rolls involving Soc.

Caz

WP roll not to vomit himself?  Hope he's not a berzerker.  The disgust could work as shock, if you're a good aim it could temporarily lower his Per.  A guy with vomit in his eyes probably has a small combt pool.  Damn that's silly hehe

Jake Norwood

Yeah, it really depends on how kewl-powerz-anime style this vomit is. I could see it doing ST+2b, other stats as a thrown knife, just for fun.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

kenjib

Have him hold needles in his mouth like a l33t ninja.  Then he can vomit at people's faces.
Kenji

Spartan

This brings Spinal Tap to mind.

I can see it now, a "wounded" man at arms (ambushed by vomit, you see), being succored by the local healer...

Healer: "My God man, who did this to you?"

MaA: "Well, I'm not entirely sure whose vomit it was... you can't very well "dust for vomit", now can you?"

OK, it's late, and I'm going to bed.

-Mark
And remember kids... Pillage first, THEN burn.

StahlMeister

Well, a friend of mine had to "full evade" for vomit but had, I think, a lvl 1 vomit damage to zone XIII - ear. If it had been in a combat situation he probably had -2 CP ;)
"Der beisst nicht, er will nur spielen...",
Herald von Faust, stahlnish Beastmaster

Krammer

maybe it would be cool if you had a penalty when doing heath rolls. all that vomiting has to be bad for your health. you should also lose a lot of weight, you know, like bulemics.
A muppet is just a cross between a mop and a puppet.

Camillus

Quote from: Krammermaybe it would be cool if you had a penalty when doing heath rolls. all that vomiting has to be bad for your health. you should also lose a lot of weight, you know, like bulemics.

And it'll wreck your teeth if you do it often enough - all that acid really strips the enamel off your teeth.

Oh and as someone who's been on the receiving end of projectile vomit a number of times I can tell you:[list=1]
[*]You can either see it coming a mile off or you're so close there's no chance of getting out of the way.
[*]It doesn't do the "victim" any damage, although it will inconvenience you - especially if you get it in your eyes.
[*]If you're covered in vomit it's a bit of a social handicap
[*]There are not always carrots in it
[/list:o]

Edit: Grammar
Charles