News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Archery round time question

Started by ULO, December 03, 2003, 08:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ULO

If I have a WIT of 6 and MP of 12 and  pull an arow from the ground for 0 rds then knock and draw for 2 rds, do I fire at the end of the 2nd round for 6 MP's or do I have to aim for a 3rd rd to get 6 MPs and then fire at the end of the third round?

Thanks
Christopher

Jake Norwood

Hi Christopher, and welcome.

Refresh begins once prep time is complete. So on the first round after the arrow is ready to loose you've got 6 MP, and on the next you'll have 12. These MP are available at the beginning of the round, not at the end.

I hope that helps.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Ingenious

Hey Jake, or someone with a book...
There's a cap to your missile pool is there not? I was told there was, regardless I was still highly effective with a bow.

-Ingenious

Lance D. Allen

Missile Pool works the same as Combat Pool, so far as I understand. Beginning PCs are capped in their proficiency at 7 (or 8) plus their Aim.. So the best that a beginning PC who totally min-maxed their MP would likely have is 15.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Jake Norwood

For initial limits, Wolfen's right. For later on, I think its in the 30-ish range, simply due to the maximum possible SAs that can be spent at once.

Make no mistake, however, even a very low MP can kill very easily if you've got the jump or range on someone. And despite what we want to believe about knights not using them, etc., period ruffians (and what are PCs if not ruffians) used them to great effect. Just read up on Thomas Mallory (thought to be the author of Le Morte d'Artur) and his ambush on the Earl of Warwick (I think it was Warwick...), and you'll see what I mean.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant