News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Why a new Half Meme Press?

Started by Paul Czege, December 04, 2003, 01:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Czege

Mostly so there's a single point of access for all my game designs. So check out my http://www.halfmeme.com">redesigned site, and look for:
    [*]An awesome new Half Meme Press logo, designed by Colin Theriot.
    [*]Pages of quotes and links to reviews and things people have said about My Life with Master and Nicotine Girls.
    [*]Annotations for scrawling into the margins of your copy of My Life with Master.
    [*]And a whole new look for Nicotine Girls that features a beautiful illustration by James V. West.[/list:u]Paul
    My Life with Master knows codependence.
    And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Jonathan Walton

Paul,

You know it wasn't until recently that I knew you were the one who wrote "The World, the Flesh, and the Devil"?  Why isn't that linked from the Half Meme sight?  Speaking honestly, that's probably influenced me more than any of your other games, at least at this point.  It definitely deserves to be up there with the others.

Paul Czege

Hey Jonathan,

Thanks. Yeah, it's not there because, well, it http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?t=2536">has issues...and I haven't figured out how to fix them (or at least how to present the game so folks aren't blindsided by them).

Paul
    And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Jonathan Walton

It has issues.  So what?  It also contains some of the most brilliant design work the Forge has ever produced.  I just think it's a shame that it's hidden away somewhere, when it could be out there influencing more designers.  Couldn't you just post it with a Surgeon General's Warning, saying that play of this game might not necessarily be enjoyable?\

By all means, work to fix the issues, but don't hide the scraps of genius that exist there.

xiombarg

Quote from: Jonathan WaltonBy all means, work to fix the issues, but don't hide the scraps of genius that exist there.
    I gotta agree with that. Especially given that the fact that it's broken in your opinion might challenge people to develop the ideas there in their own way. It's one of the reasons I try to keep all my RPG work accessible, even derivative stuff. (Not that I consider my work as potentially inspirational as Paul's...)
    love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
    Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

Paul Czege

Couldn't you just post it with a Surgeon General's Warning, saying that play of this game might not necessarily be enjoyable?

Yeah, that would work...a splash page like what I did for Nicotine Girls, except with a warning. Maybe once I make it through all the holiday craziness. I agree that it should probably be there.

Paul