News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Instantaneous, made permanent - see Sorcery and the Fey

Started by kenjib, August 12, 2003, 12:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenjib

I got my copy of OBaM and really like it.  I think the flavor text is an excellent addition in that many of them really illustrate the point made in the FAQ in the book, that these creatures are meant to be special encounters rather than simple combat encounters/dungeon guardians, and the subject of an entire adventure.

Anyway, many spells have an indicator of "Instantaneous, made permanent - see Sorcery and the Fey" or "Instantaneous, made permanent."  Seeing as how Sorcery and the Fey is a long way off at this point, and permanency seems to be something sorely missing in the TROS rules, is there any chance we could get a sneak peak at how this works?

Thanks!
Kenji

Brian Leybourne

Spells can be made permanent through the permanent expenditure of SP points (I don't have my book handy to give you a reference though, sorry).

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

kenjib

Oh, the maintaining rules from the core book?  I see now.  I thought since it was referring to Sorcery and the Fey that there might be something new.  Thanks!
Kenji

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: kenjibI thought since it was referring to Sorcery and the Fey that there might be something new.

You never know... there may well be :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Lance D. Allen

Considering that making things permanent in the manner described in the TRoS mainbook, and that it specifically notes that one should look in SatF, I think there's something new.

My guess is that it will deal with an expenditure of SA points, or perhaps even Insight points to make something permanent..
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Stephen

Apologies for breaking the guideline on thread necromancy, but I wanted to bring this question up again, maybe hoping Brian could go into more detail on the answer.  By "SP" above you mean Sorcery Pool dice, right?  How many are expended per permanent spell?
Even Gollum may yet have something to do. -- Gandalf