News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Wiki Actual Play

Started by Bob McNamee, November 26, 2003, 10:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottM

Bob, you've got 3 coins to your name; the sighting adventure complication dice have been rolled.  If we had won...

Thanks for the fun stuff we get to use!
--Scott
Hey, I'm Scott Martin. I sometimes scribble over on my blog, llamafodder. Some good threads are here: RPG styles.

Christopher Weeks

And I just closed Sunstroke so you got five more...Cha-ching!

I really like how I'm envisioning the end of that scene.  I hope everyone is seeing the same thing.

Chris

kwill

just wanted to chime in that the wiki game looks great, and hopefully I'll
be able to join in by february/march

my varsity club started a wiki at their
site
(now mostly devoted to blogs) and started a freeform
LARP-written-by-wiki (that is, as far as I can make out, writing character
sheets and background by wiki, not trying to LARP in the wiki medium) --
which I think would have greatly benefitted from some structure, such as uni
could provide

see me travel to cape town and spread the game ;)

I haven't been able to explore the entire wiki - mostly the prep, discussion
and scenes rather than individual components - my only comments so far would
be "cool setting!" and, imo, too much Negotiation and not enough Bidding in
rules-related Challenges

especially in a non-f2f setting I think think the money-where-your-mouth-is
implement-and-find-out characteristics of the game are where uni shines

frex, when encountering a grey area in the rules, couldn't you just pay a
Coin to amend/clarify and expect a Challenge if someone disagrees?
d@vid

Christopher Weeks

Quote from: kwillfrex, when encountering a grey area in the rules, couldn't you just pay a Coin to amend/clarify and expect a Challenge if someone disagrees?

It would be great to have you aboard David!  I'm not sure why you think that too much negotiation has taken place.  I like the fact that you can go to either part of the Challenge mechanics to get things done.  And actually, more than just being great to have another player, your presense would be great because it would add another style of play to how we're doing stuff.  

When Steve Rose joined the game, our propensity for complication went through the roof and I'm getting to learn all kinds of creative ways to manipulate things.  I hope for more of those kinds of experiences if/as more people join in.

Chris

Bob McNamee

Its going great!

and I'm no longer poor!
Bob McNamee
Indie-netgaming- Out of the ordinary on-line gaming!

kwill

> I'm not sure why you think that too much negotiation has taken place.

not saying it's a bad thing - in this format, though, I thought a pay-and-move-on attitude would prevail (of course, my impression of "too much" may be only because I'm an after-the-fact observer)
d@vid

Mike Holmes

Quote from: kwill> I'm not sure why you think that too much negotiation has taken place.

not saying it's a bad thing - in this format, though, I thought a pay-and-move-on attitude would prevail (of course, my impression of "too much" may be only because I'm an after-the-fact observer)
I think that's probably true. I mean when it's happening, the back and forth can be very quick in some ways.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Christopher Weeks

Speaking of people whom it would be great to have aboard...Mike?

Chris

Mike Holmes

Dude, I'm a busy guy. My FATE PBEM is now bugging me to get posts to them, for instance, too. One of the reasons that I agreed to join the Wiki is because the format doesn't require anyone to play. I'm flatterred that you want me to participate more, but the thing has to be able to resist any one player's prolonged absence. In that respect I think it's doing admirably.

That said, I actually tried to post the other day but just couldn't find a suitable entry point. I may soon, however. :-)

Mike

Bob McNamee

No problem Mike...

Great thing about the game. Jump in, jump out...add new people etc..it doesn't stop the game.

Look forward to seeing more from you when your schedule gets lighter.
Bob McNamee
Indie-netgaming- Out of the ordinary on-line gaming!

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Bob McNamee
Look forward to seeing more from you when your schedule gets lighter.
That never happens. Look forward to seeing me when I choose to ignore some other project to play the Wiki. :-)

Mike

Christopher Weeks

I'd like to point to The Universalis Arena again.

The stories are progressing and a new kind of scene has just opened -- a zepplin battle!  The Black Grouse, a proper British airship has come under attack by The Necocyautl, a known pirate of the air.  Magic and technology!  Human sacrifice and billionairs!  What's missing?  

Chris

hix

I've started a new scene, 'Distraction', in Panama City. Unfortunately, TUA has not been letting me save some of my trait changes and expenditures. Just to let you know, I'll try again later tonight.

BTW: It's been fantastic to the negotiations going on while I've been away, with 'Missing Friend', 'Grouse Attacked' and the like. Great to see co-operative complications and actual discussion about where the scene should be going.

Steve.
Cheers,
Steve

Gametime: a New Zealand blog about RPGs