News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

I've just dug myself a hole...

Started by Ian O'Rourke, November 20, 2001, 11:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian O'Rourke

We are about to finish our twice monthly 3e game - and very much it has been, an epic campaign in the Star Wars tradition. Anyway, that leaves a gaming vacuum.

We want diversity, so myself and another have listed three games each, and we will run them in alternate chunks.

I listed:

Glenwood Springs
Thrilling Tales
Star Wars: Dark Shadows

All well and good, except Glenwood Springs is intended to be a narrativist game in the Sorcerer tradition (but it's using the UA rules). I expected them to pick Thrilling Takes (Adventure!) but they've gone and called my bluff and picked Glenwood Springs.

So, come January (or closer for character prep) I'll be knee deep in relationship diagrams inspired by character goals and NPC's.

Wish me luck. Scary, but exciting despite that. One player has already proposed a character idea complete with Kickers (I've put that in UA, along with the obsessions and stuff).

So its a good start. As it happens, I will relate.
Ian O'Rourke
www.fandomlife.net
The e-zine of SciFi media and Fandom Culture.

Ron Edwards

Hi Ian,

The good news is that the hole is already occupied by a bunch of happy grubbing folks already. Wanna grub with us? Cool!

Best,
Ron

joshua neff

I haven't even started playing Sorcerer yet, but I started using the Kicker idea, & now I can't really imagine running a game without it.

Sounds like you could have a lot of fun with it, Ian. Cool.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Tor Erickson

Hi Ian,

Having taken the plunge recently, I know what you're feeling.  Drop me an email sometime, and let's swap notes.

-Tor