News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

simple question about skill selection

Started by kidar, January 11, 2004, 07:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidar

In character generation after choosing your skill packets you can lower (or pick up new) skills. My question is:

Can you lower one individual skill with more than one point?

Ie: can a skill at 7 be lowered to 3 if you have MA of 4, OR do you have to lower (or pick up) DIFFERENT skills (each by one point only)?

Tywin Lannister

The way I read it ("...any combination thereof..."), you can do as you please (thus, if you want to be an expert in a given skill, say, 'Dancing', you can lower it with 5 points right at the outset. And why not, there are peasants who really can do a good tango.
The trees bend their boughs towards the earth and nighttime birds float as black faces.

Lance D. Allen

As for the rules, you can do what you wish..

Your Seneschal may or may not have other ideas... But then, the point of Riddle chargen is not to create "Level 1" characters.. Each brand-new character generally excels in something, so if you wish to push that into a single skill that your character has mastered (at the expense of not being as good with others skills as he/she could be) then I personally see little gripe with it.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Jake Norwood

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant