News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Oh, the Cosmic Horror! One Sheet (not really)

Started by 6inTruder, January 11, 2004, 03:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6inTruder

I've had this thought in my head for a HUGE ammount of time (since before I owned Sorcerer) that Sorcerer is a great game for CoC, as when you can focus the game more on the sanity blasting horror than the survivabilty.

Now I don't have much really. And I think I'd want to augment it more, demon-wise, with info from Sorcerer & Sword (which I do not own yet). But here's the little I do have thought through...

Humanity is your Sanity. Generally lowered when you encounter some cosmic horror or another.

Lore is your knowledge of "uknowable" things (Mythos Knowledge, if you will). It can be raised when your Humanity is lowered by contact to some cosmic horror. It allows you to interact with said cosmic horrors with some (miniscule) degree of power.

And I'm thinking that instead of Kickers, the players would write down their characters' gristly ends. Then said game would be working up to those/that point.

Ron Edwards

Hello,

I think you'll find this thread interesting: Humanity opposed to the Truth.

That's a very interesting idea about the Kickers.

Best,
Ron

6inTruder

QuoteI think you'll find this thread interesting: Humanity opposed to the Truth.
Very good stuff! I really like that defintion of Humanity too ^_^
QuoteThat's a very interesting idea about the Kickers.
Thank you.

*Blushing*

It just seemed like the real kicker in most of lovecraft's "diffinitive" works started with a kicker, then told what led up to it. So that's sort of what I was thinking there.

Also, I wanted Lore to interact more with Humanity in this. So that when your mind did open up some to the "Truth" (thereby losing Humanity) you would have some small power over said "Truth". I was thinking that everytime you lost humanity then, you would make a Humanity check at your new value and if it succeded you would gain a point of Lore. Somehow, I also wanted that to limit your ability to gain Humanity in some way. you know?