News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Alternative Character Types?

Started by adamsmith, January 25, 2004, 03:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamsmith

Just got my copy of TBW in the mail (thanks Luke!) and I'm looking through it at the moment.  I may be mistaken, but it doesn't look like it has choices set out for more 'primitive' (8th C. Scandanavia) society types or for the 'highly civilised' (Byzantium) types.

Has anyone done any work on putting these sorts of backgrounds together?

Richard Percy
There is only text

Luke

Admittedly, the primitive pre-christian scandavia is harder to represent using the Burner -- the structure of society was quite different than what is presented. However, I don't see why you couldn't do Byzantium with the paths listed. Sure, I don't have all the neat names plugged in --generic ones were chosen instead -- but the City-Dweller, Professional Soldier, Religious and Noble Court should serve relatively well.

-L

Bracken

Quote from: adamsmithJust got my copy of TBW in the mail (thanks Luke!) and I'm looking through it at the moment.  I may be mistaken, but it doesn't look like it has choices set out for more 'primitive' (8th C. Scandanavia) society types or for the 'highly civilised' (Byzantium) types.

Has anyone done any work on putting these sorts of backgrounds together?

Richard Percy

If you decide to try and make the lists on your own I'd really like to see the 8th century Scandanavian one.

Bracken

Kaare Berg

QuoteIf you decide to try and make the lists on your own I'd really like to see the 8th century Scandanavian one.

ditto, will be glad to help too considering I am scandinavian and all that.
-K

Luke

ah, but are you a historian?! ;)

seriously though, my roots run up north --my granddad's name was Thorp; little village!-- and i know next to nothing about the topic. But I promise that you will be one of the first I contact for proofreading/playtesting to make sure said LPs feel right.

of course, these LPs are a bit far down in the queue. Got a lot to do between now and GenCon!

-L

Kaare Berg

Quoteah, but are you a historian?! ;)

I can't claim to be. ;)

But by virtue of being a part-time nerd I am checked out on this fascinating aspect of my cultural roots. For instance did you know that some modern norwegian historians propose that the raiding carried out by the vikings was a religous war on the christian church and not greedy robbing of innocents. Winners writing history and all that.

So if you want it my input it is available. If nothing more than some cool quotes, and there are some seriously cool quotes.
-K