News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Split: Everybody was kung-fu fightin' (was Fist Fighting)

Started by Holt, January 30, 2004, 06:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holt

Quote from: Jake NorwoodThe punch-overkill is a minor but real glitch in the system *for the way I play.* Some people love it. I'm still trying to figure out how to really, truely fix it. As for punching a friend in the head, though...if you're just rough-housing in-game simple make all damage rolls max out at 0 or 1.

Sorry to pick up a seemingly dead thread, but I'm catching up on some reading and thought to add my two cents worth.

Jake,

Perhaps allowing the body's natural armor...the skeleton...to have an AV value against certain attacks (such as punches, kicks, etc) might provide a simple solution?

I'm not sure what I'd allow personally...probably just an AV of 1...maybe 2 for the most heavily covered areas (such as the skulls and upper chest)

From most of the unarmed combats that I've run...the 1 or 2 pts of AV might make all the difference.

As a side note...I usually allow a number of 0 level wounds equal to a char's TO in any one specific location before saying that it becomes a level 1 wound.

toli

Quote from: chade0
One more thing: Has anyone created rules for decreasing damage? What I mean is that sometimes I might want just tp wound a foe, not kill him, with my huge great sword.

Hit him in the leg with a thrust....
NT

Alan

Quote from: Jake NorwoodThe punch-overkill is a minor but real glitch in the system *for the way I play.* Some people love it. I'm still trying to figure out how to really, truely fix it.

Hey Jake,

How about Wound Levels produced by unarmed combat are halved - (ST + Margin) x 1/2 - and then give a shock bonus as you do with a mace?
- Alan

A Writer's Blog: http://www.alanbarclay.com

Jake Norwood

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant