News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

more than one trollbabe in a conflict

Started by james_west, February 01, 2004, 12:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james_west

I can't figure out how more than one trollbabe on the same side of a conflict works; do you run them as parallel conflicts? do they both roll? what happens if one person is succesful while the other is in the middle of the series, if they both have the same goal? How about if one succeeds and one fails? etc.

If this has been covered someplace and I can't find it (I've dug around through old threads a bit), please give me a pointer.

- Thanks,

James

Alan

Hi James,

This situation came up in a game of Trollbabe we played some time back.  We ran them as two parallel conflicts, where each Trollbabe declared the goal of her conflict.  I think it was the complex level of conflict, so we decided that each players had to win three rolls of their own in order to acheive their goal.  For each step, both players would roll their dice - then the lowest roll would be resolved and narrated first, then the next highest.  It worked pretty well.

In another incident, one TB rolled while the other didn't participate until a reroll was needed, then she (having already established a relationship with the other TB) offered up a relationship as a reroll and, when it was accepted, described what the NPC did.
- Alan

A Writer's Blog: http://www.alanbarclay.com

Ron Edwards

Hello,

James, the thread for you is Some Trollbabe questions. Let me know if any confusions remain.

Best,
Ron