News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

PDF for riddle of steel

Started by gregkcubed, February 03, 2004, 02:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregkcubed

We've got a gaming group that some of us are trying to coerce into playing ROS, but its tough going..

I can understand given the tendency to pirate, etc not wanting to put the core rules into a PDF for sale on the site, but I'd like the powers-at-be to know that this would be REALLY useful.

As a computer geek, i have my computer with me all the time, but I don't always have the core-rulebook on me. PDF's fill the gap.

when we were playing a lot of d20, i was using the pdf and srds almost exclusively for planning campaigns.

So before I get out my scanner and spend an afternoon scanning the core rulebook (no I won't put it on Kazaa), is there any chance to buy this from driftwood?

thanks in advance..

gk3
raising the elder gods one tenacle at a time...

MonkeyWrench

I know at one point Of Beasts and Men was available in pdf, but I'm not to usre about the core rulebook.
-Jim

Brian Leybourne

OBAM is available via PDF. The core book isn't, presently at least.

Will it ever be? Well, that would be Jake's decision, but to be honest, I suspect it's not likely, at least in the forseeable future.

But as I say, that's the big man's call.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Jake Norwood

There aren't any current plans for such.  Sorry!

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Malechi

I might be a bit crazy but I've always found that a combination of the Seneschal's Screen, Character Generation Outline (it was floating around the boards a while ago) and the book itself were enough.  Apart from the occasional procedural lookup for things like certain maneuvres I've never found hunting through the book that much of a chore.  

Check out those bits I mentioned (GM Screen etc) ...surely they're enough eh?
Katanapunk...The Riddle of Midnight... http://members.westnet.com.au/manji/

Lance D. Allen

There are also combat reference cards available for download on the website. I've been meaning, off and on, to do a set of them myself, but due to mistakes and computer issues causing me to have to start again on multiple occasions, I've not managed to finish it.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls