News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Of Beasts and Men - Simple Question

Started by Melkor, February 01, 2004, 10:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melkor

Being of the school of thought that there are no stupid questions (only stupid people that ask them)....I was flipping through "Of Beasts and Men" trying to prepare for our first session of TRoS Wednesday night, when I noticed that several of the monsters have variable numbers listed CP and MP stats.

Is this a "range of possible CP and MP scores that a given creature of that type may have" or is that a number that could be lower or higher based on some game mechanic assigned to the creature ?

Thanks.
'But the discord of Melkor rose in uproar and contended with it, and again there was a war of sound more violent than before, until many of the Ainur were dismayed and sang no longer, and Melkor had the mastery.'

Salamander

Quote from: MelkorBeing of the school of thought that there are no stupid questions (only stupid people that ask them)....I was flipping through "Of Beasts and Men" trying to prepare for our first session of TRoS Wednesday night, when I noticed that several of the monsters have variable numbers listed CP and MP stats.

Is this a "range of possible CP and MP scores that a given creature of that type may have" or is that a number that could be lower or higher based on some game mechanic assigned to the creature ?

Thanks.

I have been going with the range idea. One day they might come across a weak version of the critter, then much later they run into a similar critter and think "Oh hey! this thing is easily killable!" only to get thier heads handed to them...
"Don't fight your opponent's sword, fight your opponent. For as you fight my sword, I shall fight you. My sword shall be nicked, your body shall be peirced through and I shall have a new sword".

Brian Leybourne

Yup.

For some of the entries I gave a range either in some attributes (which can affect the CP and/or MP by altering the Reflex and/or Aim) or in Combat Proficiency. This is to represent particularly good or not-so-good versions of the creature in question.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Melkor

'But the discord of Melkor rose in uproar and contended with it, and again there was a war of sound more violent than before, until many of the Ainur were dismayed and sang no longer, and Melkor had the mastery.'

Salamander

You're welcome.

:|
"Don't fight your opponent's sword, fight your opponent. For as you fight my sword, I shall fight you. My sword shall be nicked, your body shall be peirced through and I shall have a new sword".

Tywin Lannister

The trees bend their boughs towards the earth and nighttime birds float as black faces.