Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 03:07:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 82 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Le Pool  (Read 2919 times)
James V. West

« on: February 08, 2004, 05:13:34 AM »

Pierre Pradal has successfully translated The Pool into the French language and made it available in PDF format.

Visit his site here.

He has kept the translation as close to the mark as possible. Pierre informed me that there are two changes made to the rules in the French version:

1) Character Story is 55 words instead of 50.

2) Each new session gets you 17 new words instead of 15.

Both of these changes were made because of differences in language. Apparantly you need a couple extra words in French to say the same thing ;-)

My thanks to Pierre!

RiP
Registree

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 11:43:20 AM »

Quote from: James V. West
Pierre Pradal has successfully translated The Pool into the French language and made it available in PDF format.

Visit his site here.

He has kept the translation as close to the mark as possible. Pierre informed me that there are two changes made to the rules in the French version:

1) Character Story is 55 words instead of 50.

2) Each new session gets you 17 new words instead of 15.

Both of these changes were made because of differences in language. Apparantly you need a couple extra words in French to say the same thing ;-)

My thanks to Pierre!

Hi to all, Hi James,
It was a real pleasure to work on this translation. :)
Just comment this message to say that the first change I've made is a recommended one and the second an optionnal one. In those two cases the original rule is discribed and the two changes are clearly explain, so the reader can choose the way he want to deal with my changes. ;)
Get in touch,
Pierre

Pradal Pierre
Indie Game Designer and Multimedia Author
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: