News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Mini-Supplement Doctrine

Started by Jake Norwood, February 07, 2004, 08:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Nevermet

Quote from: Jake NorwoodCurrently, if it's going to be "official," and sold through our site, it needs to go through review and acceptance by me.  As this is a new thing, there's not much in the way of guidlines.  It has to look professional, and I want to see a project *before* its done so that nobody has to undo work.  Does that make sense?

Yes, it does. Thanks.

Malechi

well seeing as Jake has confirmed he's doing a Japanese setting already is there any chance I can get some smallish details regarding its theme and degree of historical accuracy.  Reason? well we've been working on a Japanese setting for some time now and I'd hate to have done all this work and have it for nought.  Essentially Katanapunk! is less about historical accuracy and more about attitude and style though.  The game itself has morphed into a setting book for Edo with a more serious manga tone (no Kuronin Kenshin though...*shudder*) and the emphasis away from sword schools and more centering around the characters and their lives.

Some features we're looking at:

- Weapon stats for authentic and fantastical japanese weapon including ancestor weapons that offer specific SA boosts
- A distinct system for "Special Moves" or secret teachings from wizened old masters and powerful sword schools.  It'll be non-magical and not using the current rules for sorcery though will integrate with the current combat rules obviously.  The source of these techniques can be varied and we'll be detailing schools, mystic masters and rogue sword saints who blaze their own trail and how they impact upon the character's development.
- A fully researched and detailed setting of Edo at the turn of the 18th-19th Century, with a twist.  Instead of a dry historical text offering real world characters we're going to breath life into them, twist them into the kind of antagonists you'd love to read about in a dark manga comic or see in a Kurosawa flick and the Katanapunks in between will have to deal with all of them.  Assassins, Ronin, corrupt Samurai and government officials, murder, intrigue, blood, steel and attitude.

So there it is.. if it's starting to cross over too much with your stuff Jake, let me know so we can do something about it soon.  

cheers

jason
Katanapunk...The Riddle of Midnight... http://members.westnet.com.au/manji/

Lance D. Allen

I remember your KatanaPunk! stuff. I thought it was pretty damned interesting, and I believe Jake expressed an interest in it becoming an Official mini-supp too.

As for The Riddle of Jade, from what I recall Jake saying, it's going to be essentially two parts.. The major part will be TRoS: Japan, and the lesser part will detail some small part of Tengoku and surrounding regions. Hence, the part dealing with Japan will be as accurate as Jake is willing and able to make it.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Jake Norwood

There's room for Katanapunk! too.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Malechi

Excellent well I'll kick it into a higher gear and look at giving you a draft sometime soon then...
Katanapunk...The Riddle of Midnight... http://members.westnet.com.au/manji/