News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Character Sheet feedback (split from Ubercon Demo)

Started by M. J. Young, February 02, 2004, 09:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M. J. Young

Thanks; got it.

I am surprised that the new character sheet doesn't include any place for notes. Particularly, there's no place to identify a character as Blessed, or Digger Paladin, or any other category, or as having received a Gift.

I understand that the core concepts of the game aren't about things like equipment and such, but there are aspects of characters that should be listed somewhere--and yes, they're on the storymap, but should they not also be on the character sheet?

Or does the character sheet have a backside?

--M. J. Young

GreatWolf

Not a printed backside.  Of course, in my gaming experience, the back of the character sheet is traditionally the place for inscribing non-mechanical character information.

In my experience, there has not been a need for such information to be recorded prominently on the character sheet.  I will admit the possibility of this being a result of personal practice or something else.  However, recall that facts like a character being Blessed or a Digger Paladin or any other sort of detail is largely color.  This is a physical description, not a mechanical description.  The character sheet exists primarily to record the system information about the character.  Additional notes can be kept, certainly, but I think that I have all the necessary information available.

I am also willing to be persuaded otherwise.

Just so other folks can chime in, the current character sheet can be viewed here.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

GreatWolf

Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Shreyas Sampat

The Alyria character sheet is beautiful.

That said, I have a tendency to agree with M. J. here: there's plenty of real estate available for a short notes section (or even just a big blank area) that people could find useful. Certainly Alyria isn't D&D where you need spaces to record your equipment, but I think a little "notes to myself" box where you could write stuff like, "I wanted to go and speak to Vervain regarding..." wouldn't be awful.

This might be because I don't like the sight of writing bleeding through the back of my cheap laser paper.