News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Just finished reading Of Beasts and Men..

Started by Lithos, February 15, 2004, 06:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lithos

Just finished reading Of Beasts and Men..  I love it - a little heavy on the  rape/forced impregnation themes, but overall an excellent supplement to TRoS.  A lot less preachy than the core book (TRoS is a wonderful game, with some great ideas, but all the sniping at "those other games" is not necessary), a good selection of creatures, very very welcome non-humanoid/biped combat rules, and some great, idea inspiring story material presented along with the basic info one would expect from a "monster manual".  I want more =).

Brian Leybourne

Hey Lithos,

Cool, glad you liked it. I don't know if I agree that it's heavy on rape, but to each their own (and admittedly, that is how the trollspawn mostly breed).

More should be coming this year, never fear.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

bergh

Hi

I just hope that there comes a book dealing with the Dwarfs, generaly my players want a standard fantasy campaign, with dwarfs and elves, but i also like the approach TROS gives to the "fantasy races", maybe a book with better details, would make my player more likely to see/play it my way.
Kind regards....

-Brian Bergh
brianbbj@hotmail.com
TRoS .pdf files: http://fflr.dk/tabletop/TROS/

Lance D. Allen

Sorcery and the Fey.

Dwarves are part of the Siehe, and as such should be better covered in SatF.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

sirogit

I always felt the comparisons to traditional roleplaying in the book is very valuable as most people have very little abstract knolwedge of roleplaying so the best way to illustrate ideas would be comparing them to a model they're aware of.

I say keep up with the rape and forced impregnation! I always felt that the unfortunate state of birth was pretty important to most monster stories.