News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Trollbabe] Hardcopy?

Started by 6inTruder, February 18, 2004, 10:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6inTruder

Any word on this? It's about a year now from the last post I could find on the subject and I wanted to know if there were any further developements.

Ron Edwards

Hiya,

Well, it's all been much slower than I'd like. Elfs hard-copy is currently in the final stages of layout and should be available within six weeks to a month. I hope. Then work on Trollbabe shall commence. I'll have a slightly harder time with it, I think; a fair amount of revised text and a certain amount of beefier material are going to be necessary. Whereas Elfs only had two significant rules changes and no extra text to speak of (just a lot of re-phrasings here and there).

So maybe for GenCon? I sure hope so.

Best,
Ron

joshua neff

Quote from: Ron EdwardsSo maybe for GenCon? I sure hope so.

That soon? Fantastic!
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Fabrice G.

Hi,

Ron, what kind of book are we talking about here ? Will they be anything like the Sorcerer' supplement books (in quality and size) ?

Thanks,

Fabrice

Ron Edwards

Hi Fabrice:

Elfs is digest size (5x8, 6x9, something like that), probably roughly Universalis-sized. It has a black cover with a white illustrated panel in front. It has a very punk-ish look.

Trollbabe will be full-sized and with any luck will look like one of those 1970s fantasy art books. Of course I'll use Veronica's amazing cover. I'd really like it to be glossy, if I can afford it.

Best,
Ron

Matt Snyder

Blame me, not Ron for slow turn-around time on the Elfs! layout.

Remind me to explain why some day -- Daedalus delayed it partly, sure, but also "Goldilocks" design conundrums. Too small, too big, JUST RIGHT. Oddly, it was one of the most difficult things I've designed yet. Ron gave clear art direction. I just couldn't make it work for the longest time. Then, it clicked. It'll be a nice little book, complete with some new art and lots of the great "old" art.

I'm putting the finishing touches on it today.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Fabrice G.

Thanks Ron,

that's exactly the info I was after, and it's sound really cool !

And BTW, if it's Matt that's doing the layout, the books should be nifty !

Take care,

Fabrice

6inTruder

Thanks a bunch for the responce! Sounds like both should be pretty cool ^_^ Though is it okay for me to feel a little sad that Trollbabe isn't getting the "Punkish Digest" treatment?

stingray20166

So I was about to buy Elfs -- should I wait for the hard copy?  And TrollBabe is starting to sound fun, too.

I do have a friend going to GenCon, so if they are there I could have him pick them up for me.  But then I face the agony of waiting!

Decisions, decisions.