News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Sorcerer Supplements

Started by motherlessgoose, February 27, 2004, 02:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motherlessgoose

Is there any certain order one should purchase the supplements Sorcerer & Sword, Sorcerer's Soul, and Sex & Sorcery?

Mike Holmes

All at once?

;-)

I don't think there are any overiding considerations that outweigh those of interest. That is, if you're currently thinking fantasy, get Sword. If you've got men and women playing (or like martial arts), then get Sex. If you're looking for ways to twist the game into odd forms, then get Soul.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Mike's right, but the supplements do refer back to one another in the order published. So The Sorcerer's Soul has references to and a couple of details from Sorcerer & Sword, and Sex & Sorcery has references to and a couple of details from both of the others. Most of these aren't absolutely crucial to using the supplements, although I do think all three of them do work together very well.

Best,
Ron

hardcoremoose

Who are we kidding.  Sorcerer & Sword is the best rpg product ever written, supplement or otherwise.  The others are beautiful, inspiring, and... just plain swell, but S&S is where it's at.  Buy it first.

And then, of course, there's always Charnel Gods.

- Scott

motherlessgoose

Alright, I went and ordered Sword and Sorcery.  I'm now eagerly awaiting its arrival.  It was my first choice anyway.  I just wanted to make sure Sorcer's Soul was not required first.