News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Obliteration and Sins

Started by Ben Lehman, February 21, 2004, 12:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Lehman

So I have been reading Sophocles and interviews with people who were sexually abused as children, which have combined with Dogs in my head into a incestuously breeding, heavily polygamist, child marrying "community," and a character that might come out of it, or a game that might be run there, and all the screwed up possibilities thereof.

But I have two questions:

1)  Is it possible for a town to become so corrupted that the Dogs simply say "fuck this noise, these people are embroiled too deeply in sin and herey, we're killing all the adults and taking the children to an orphanage."  In a very real sense, is obliteration an option?

2)  Relationships with sins, I think, should come up not only when "your commission of the sin is at stake" but also when someone else's commission of the sin is at stake.  In particular, the text of "relationship with sin" seems, to me, to involve sins that the PC has previously committed, not sins that the PC has previously been a victim of.  Some sins (incest, murder, adultery) would be great in the second context, as well.  Thoughts?

yrs--
--Ben

lumpley

1) Sure.

2) Sure.  Very good idea, actually.  Into the game text!

-Vincent