News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

New games

Started by New Dimension Games, March 25, 2004, 04:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Dimension Games

Greetings to all! New Dimension Games is thankful to be welcomed into the fold here at The Forge. As we are a new company, we'd like to hear from fellow gamers out there what conventions they would like to see us attend (in the Pacific Northwest). Please let us know.
If you like new or independent role-playing games, visit our website at www.newdimensiongames.com!

daMoose_Neo

~_-

Actually, with new games and titles, I'd want to get out there as much as possible (actually, I AM trying to, with my own new titles).
"Tell us where you want to see us" works for established lines and titles, but the idea behind conventions (in my mind) is to build the fanbase, reward existing fans with a fun experiance (give them something to look for you for), and network, get in touch with others and meet other people in the business.
GenCon 2004 is my big appearance - if all goes well, I'm finishing the print run on my CCG (releasing 3 precon decks this spring, followed by the full set in August), I've got an awesome booth design, promo material to interest new players, alternative cards for players, running some events, and I'm meeting some of my artists for the first time in person. I also hope to meet other artists, maybe interest some dealers, be nice (and unlikely) to also catch the eye of someone larger.

I was told this many times over here, and its something I knew already- get out there! ^_^ If you can, try to do a couple cons. Get into the shops to do some demos, maybe even host your own event; take out a hotels meeting room for a day or so and host an event in your own area~
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

New Dimension Games

Hi, daMoose Neo.  I like your feedback, and we're definitely on the same page.  We're trying to build our name.  It's damn tough.  We're doing mostly local (Pacific Northwest) conventions for now, as it's all we can afford, but GenCon beckons--we will be there, 2004 being our first time as well.  We wish you the best there.  Maybe we'll run into each other.
If you like new or independent role-playing games, visit our website at www.newdimensiongames.com!

Mike Holmes

Y'all stop by The Forge booth, too.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

daMoose_Neo

Went last year to check it out and had a blast. Didn't entirely think a year later I'd be back exhibiting, but hey ^_^
Should be great though~ Got an awesome design for our booth (our designer has his sights set on the "Best booth 3 and under" award) and some cool plans ^_^
Will definetly stop by Forge though~ Not many times I get to meet peeps I just know online (though GC might do that for my group anyway ^_^)
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

New Dimension Games

Being my first time at GenCon, I am really interested as to how much the independents decorate their booths, and how much does it help them?  I'd love to go overboard, of course, but alas, I have to justify the cost to my backer.  Does anyone have a few good tales to tell about remarkable booths (from the indies) at GenCon in the last few years?

Valamir

The most important thing to have at your booth is activity.

Banners are good. People should be able to identify your company and your principal game(s) without too much (i.e. any) puzzling.  A nice display area where people can view and browse is essential.  A generally well kept appearance is a must.

But more so than how pretty it looks, is whether there are crowds of enthusiastic people there.

The greatest looking booth in the world won't help attract many customers if the booth is two guys sitting on chairs sipping big gulps and looking bored.

Its got to be activity activity activity.  You should try to have a demo area, even if its just part of a table that you keep clear, where you can give quick demonstrations of mechanics.  Have some character sheets there and a 3 page adventure vignette whose purpose is not to be the greatest adventure ever but to highlight the top "coolest" feature of the game.  Hand someone a character sheet and run them through a 15 minute encounter.  

Be engaging and exciting and even a little flamboyant and you'll get more people stopping to find out what's going on than blowing a big wad on cool booth stuff.