News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

(Paladin) Anti-clone activists sorta idea thingy

Started by Crackerjacker, February 23, 2004, 10:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crackerjacker

not even a full day with paladin and I already have an order and quasi-setting idea.

Its not really fleshed out but it's described in this conversation:
Coy 247: a strike of inspiratino you may or may not like
Coy 247: the Order is an evangelistic group in a near future setting simmilar to the 6th day, in which cloning is being partially legalized, and humans still cloned anyway in black market facilities. The ordre of this setting (no name yet in my mind) are evangenical religious and scientific moralist types who beleive cloning is the big evil of technology, and that its an affront to god, nature, humanity, and the very soul itself.
Synn213: hmm
Coy 247: their code reflects this, though they arent gonna neccesarily kill everyone they meet thats a clone, they have nothing against killing nearly full grown cloned beings in vats and stuff by disabling the oxygen feeder and stuff.
Synn213: hmm
Synn213: I think the order should be a little less morally ambiguous
Synn213: of course, they may be morally ambiguous to me because I disagree :-)
Synn213: It's a neat facit of a setting, but they'd be badguys, sort of luddites, if I ran it, personal bias would show through
Coy 247: their Arm is a mainly ceremonial knife they make upon being "birthed" into the organization. The religious types usually go with a dagger, the scientific moralists usually go with switchblades, but the handles are always made out of the bone of a cloned creature (usually a cloned animal like a repet, but not always...)
Coy 247: instead of for phsyical use, animus (though they dont directly beleive in an energy, its more of part of their beleif in souls that only humans can have) is used to increase presence, luck while on a righteous mission or to escape punishment for that which is not a crime (killing a clone is still murder in some cases by the law but not to these guys), and to give breif moments of scientific prodigyness that allows them to understand that which they mean to undo
Coy 247: im not anticlone myself,w hich made creating these guys as the goodguys fun for me
Synn213: ah
Synn213: well
Synn213: I can see the people in kill puppies for satan as protagonist
Coy 247: see, i dont expect you to use this one
Coy 247: i just liked it
Synn213: ah
Synn213: k
Coy 247: gonna post it
Coy 247: on the forge, in the anvilwerks forum
Synn213: you aren't under any obligation to give me a setting, I just thought you liked to do it, so if you don't want to, dont' feel obligated
Coy 247: i fo
Coy 247: i do
Coy 247: like to do it

Michael S. Miller

This is certainly different than the run-of-the-mill Paladin order, but I think I can grok it. What would their Code be? That's the real core of any Paladin order. emember: the best stories are those when one Law conflicts with another Law.
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

Crackerjacker

I was thinking of that when I put a minor "pomp" law of teaching with understanding and wisdom, not fear, and then a major law of not tolerating cloned life. That is to say that there is a fine balance between preventing a clone from being completed and to the occasioanl "mercy killings" to being a hate-killer racist against mild mannered clones, and people that might not even know theyre clones.

The general idea is that wether your a scientist or religious type in the organization, you beleive in the soul and that clones lack what it is to be human and thus are A. abominations in the face of god and B. not protected by the natural human rights.

kinda whackjobs, these guys, but intelligently so.