News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Dragonmeet 2005] Saturday 3 December, London, UK

Started by Gregor Hutton, October 22, 2005, 04:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor Hutton

Just a heads-up about Dragonmeet, which is on Saturday 3 December in Kensington Town Hall, London, UK.

It kicks off at 10am and I was wondering if any other Forge folks will be there? Maybe we could arrange to meet up during the day?

Graham W

I'll be there. I've put in to run a LARP, although whether that will be Saturday, I don't know.

Lamorak33

I'll be there with Heroquest and perhaps Runequest 2! But Gloranthan all round. I'd like to play something indie if possible though, so might dump the RQ if someone is running DiTV, Sorcerer, etc.

Regards
Rob

Malcolm Craig

I'll be there as well, hopefully running demos of a|state (rather obviously there), 'Cold City' (which should be ready to demo at that point) and perhaps 'Criminal Comedy Capers' (if I can get it sorted out by then.

Meeting up with people would be good. CGS will have a stall there, so please do swing by and say hello and we can grab coffee, shoot the breeze and all that kind of thing.

One other thing, does anybody know if there are folks planning to be running stuff like DitV, Dust Devils, Mountain Witch or any such games? Although I'd be unlikely to have time to play, it would be great to see stuff like that being run. Oh, and Gregor: are you intending to run games of 'Best Friends' and '3:16'? That would be very cool.

Cheers
Malcolm
Malcolm Craig
Contested Ground Studios
www.contestedground.co.uk

Part of the Indie Press Revolution

Gregor Hutton

Yes, I plan on running some games of Best Friends and 3:16 at Dragonmeet. Anywhere I can find a table really if I get some players. I'm looking forward to running it with people I don't know at all, to see what they make of it.

As Malc and myself will be at Gaelcon in Dublin this weekend I'll be taking my stuff there along with Under The Bed, Breaking The Ice, Kill Puppies... and Dogs. (Malc is never far from DitV and Dust Devils these days.) Hopefully we'll get games of some or all of them done. Steve is wanting to run Dogs and he may do a game of it there? (Since we haven't actually checked to see what games are on at the con. Disorganized? Never!)

At DM it'll be good to see some UK Forge folks, shoot the breeze and have a beer or two, too.

Matt Machell

I'm hoping to be along, if I can manage to organise my time well enough (unlike last year).

-Matt

Rob Alexander

Hmmm... if I go to this Dragonmeet thing, I might actually get to play one of these crazy 'indie' games that are talked about so much here.

That sounds like a good idea...

Pelgrane

Advance ticket sales are now open. They are cheaper in advance.
See http://www.dragonmeet.com/tickets.html
Please consider joining our Game in Day competition. We are offering £100 to the best RPG game design.
See http://www.dragonmeet.com/special.html

Simon Rogers
Gameforce Ltd

Mr Darran Sims

I am running the following games at Dragonmeet 2005. I am running a game based on the series FireFly and the film Serenity by Buffy's Joss Whedon. I am using the HeroQuest rules system for simplity. Both are the same scenario but with different players for each the final outcomes should differ.

+

Saturday morning 10:00-14:00
'Echoes in the Black' by Darran Sims narrated by Darran Sims.
Serenity: HeroQuest adventure for 6 players.
Age 12+. Newcomers very welcome. Maturity preferred.

"Ta Ma Duh! Why can't we stick to the gorram plan! 
I wanted simple, in and out and everything shiny.
The job was good, the idents were perfect and the feds were away from the Skyplex.
Then everything has gone south.
Something has been following the Betty.
They are keeping their distance, so they aint purple bellies and everytime time we avert course they disappear like echoes in the black. The question is who are they, what do they want and why are they messing up my gorram job?"

+

Saturday afternoon 14:00-18:00
'Echoes in the Black' by Darran Sims narrated by Darran Sims.
Serenity: HeroQuest adventure for 6 players.

"Ta Ma Duh! Why can't we stick to the gorram plan! 
I wanted simple, in and out and everything shiny.
The job was good, the idents were perfect and the feds were away from the Skyplex.
Then everything has gone south.
Something has been following the Betty.
They are keeping their distance, so they aint purple bellies and everytime time we avert course they disappear like echoes in the black. The question is who are they, what do they want and why are they messing up my gorram job?"
Cheers,
Darran
-------------------------------
Go to Continuum! NOW!!!
http://www.continuum.uk.net
For the Yahoo Group goto:
continuum2006-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Matt Machell

I'm definitely going.

In the spirit of last minute planning: I have a serious urge to run Mountain Witch (I've had the book 2 months and not played it yet, gah!), so if anybody fancies it, let me know.

-Matt

TheTris

Grrr...read this too late, I've already agreed to be running around a freezing cold field hitting a ball with a stick.

Have a good time.
My real name is Tristan

Graham W

I'm booked to run Dogs In The Vineyard at 11am, but I'd really like to pull out of it. (I'm running a LARP the same afternoon and that's taking up all my time at the moment).

It would be nice if someone else could take over the slot with another Indie game (assuming the organisers are OK with this, of course).

If you're interested, drop me a private message. (Don't reply to the thread: it'll only clog it up.)

Lamorak33

Hi all

I will be running two narratavist style Heroquest games set in Glorantha,

+

Saturday morning 10:00-14:00
'Blood & Kin' by Rob Davis & Mike Holmes narrated by Rob Davis.
HeroQuest adventure for 5 players.

The ranking Devotee of Eninta the Midwife for the Wounded Tor clan, Scathaca, has been touring the tribal clans and is highly respected across the tribe. In her company is her roguish husband Ragnar; Vastyr a simple clan warrior; Hargarn their guide; Karos, one of the clan merchants. After a successful trip they return a week early......

+

Saturday afternoon 14:00-18:00
'The Peace Process' by Neil Smith narrated by Rob Davis.
HeroQuest adventure for 6 players.

20 years ago, a bitter feud started between the Singing Rock and Hiord clans.  Vastyr was the first victim of the first raid.  The women folk have brokered a peace deal by enacting a HeroQuest by Iristha the Issaries Priestess of the Singing Rock clan, and Mikhil the learned Lhankhor Mhy sage of the Hiording clan. The deal will be negotiated during the HeroQuest and cemented by the marriage between Askos and Levru.  Will the players hinder or help the peace process?

Regards
Rob