News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[GenCon] Booth flyer - IMPORTANT for game designers

Started by Iskander, July 24, 2006, 09:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timfire

Another late in the game issue, but what's the deal with the "Just browsing? We'll give you a sticker and not bother you"?

Is this really a good idea? I don't know, this strikes me as... odd. Was there a discussion about this that I missed? We need to censor ourselves and give people their due space, but they have to respect that they are entering a sales space. I don't know, this just seems unneccessary.
--Timothy Walters Kleinert

Andrew Morris

As someone not affiliated with the Forge booth last year, I'll offer my outsider observation, Tim. I saw more than a few folks show some interest in the booth, look at the games, then get hit with a very enthusiastic sales pitch. They'd nod politely, then head for the hills the first chance they got. That's probably what the sticker is about.
Download: Unistat

Ron Edwards

Alexander, I have suddenly realized that Elfs won't be available for the con. So - we gotta remove that one.

Best, Ron

Iskander

Tim - the Just Browsing text is gone - it wasn't appropriate, and since it came purely from me... I have no qualms about quashing it. Makes the back page spacing easier, anyway.

Ron - woe! Done.

Quote from: lumpley on July 28, 2006, 03:22:30 PMI can demo Mechaton!

Vincent - I am so there with bells on.

Luke (or anyone else) - please send or link that hi-res Forge logo.

Updated menu - same link, different PDF - refresh your browser (This version is the first that does not include Elfs, alas).
Winning gives birth to hostility.
Losing, one lies down in pain.
The calmed lie down with ease,
having set winning & losing aside.

- Samyutta Nikaya III, 14

Iskander

Final PDF here, (except for the high-res logo, which is coming this evening).

If you have any last-second edits, you have until about midnight tonight (Tuesday), to PM me, post them here, or zing me an IM. After that, you'll need to get my cell number off Luke and stop me printing them in Indianapolis at about 11am, barring the kind of airline cock-up that left me at La Guardia for eight hours whiling away the time with Steve the Vampire LARPer last year. Or something.

love and hugs
Alexander

Valamir

Double Check with Luke, but I think you're missing the No Press Anthology for $20

Iskander

Quote from: Valamir on August 09, 2006, 03:22:31 AM
Double Check with Luke, but I think you're missing the No Press Anthology for $20
Got it! Thanks, Ralph.