News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Announcement: Sorcerer Ts

Started by greyorm, February 27, 2002, 12:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greyorm

Now you can WEAR your favorite game! (and advertise it, too!)

http://www.cafepress.com/ravengear">RavenGear

More "Sorcerer" designs coming shortly, check my homepage for details/updates.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

jburneko

Neat.  I almost want it to say: How do YOU define Humanity? on the back or something like that.

Jesse

Ben Morgan

My personal favorite is "How Far Would You Go?"

Combination tagline and underlying Premise, all in one.
-----[Ben Morgan]-----[ad1066@gmail.com]-----
"I cast a spell! I wanna cast... Magic... Missile!"  -- Galstaff, Sorcerer of Light

greyorm

I can honestly do both of those if you guys want.

Heh...this reminds me of the informal "Sorcerer Quip" contest we had back on the mailing list of days-gone-by.

I should go mine that puppy for ideas.
"I sold my soul to Ron Edwards, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."  <G>
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

jburneko

Actually, I like Ben's suggestion better.  It does capture the spirit of the game more, which is all I was going for in the first place.

As for, "I sold my soul to Ron Edwards and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt." I would personal love a seperate 'Cult of Ron Edwards' shirt as sort of a parody of the perception of this place.  However, I don't know how far that would go in rectifying that image and whether Ron would appreciate the rather dubious publicity.

Jesse

Ben Morgan

QuoteAs for, "I sold my soul to Ron Edwards and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt." I would personal love a seperate 'Cult of Ron Edwards' shirt as sort of a parody of the perception of this place. However, I don't know how far that would go in rectifying that image and whether Ron would appreciate the rather dubious publicity.

WWRED?

:)
-----[Ben Morgan]-----[ad1066@gmail.com]-----
"I cast a spell! I wanna cast... Magic... Missile!"  -- Galstaff, Sorcerer of Light

Ron Edwards

Preferences:

"How far would you go?" [note: no emphasis on any one word]

"I sold my soul to Adept Press and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"

Any use of the word "cult" is right out.

What the hell does WWRED mean? Risking possible egotism, is the RE my initials?

Best,
Ron

Paul Czege

Have you seen the "What Would Jesus Do?" bracelets and bumper stickers? Figure it out :)

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Ron Edwards

Ding!

"What would Brian Boitano do
If he were here today?
I'm sure he'd kick an ass or two
That's what Brian Boitano'd do"

Bracelets? Really?

Best,
Ron

hardcoremoose

Fun fact about those What Would Jesus Do bracelets: For a time, they were among the most heavily shoplifted items from the retail outlet I work for.

It wasn't too long ago that I showed up for a game without my character sheet.  The call immediately went up from Paul and all the others: "What would Ron do about this?"  My shame and humiliation knew no bounds.

WWRED indeed.

- Scott

Ron Edwards

That does it. I'm gonna be the first cult leader in history to send out his own fucking deprogrammers. With baseball bats.

Best,
Ron

joshua neff

To follow up on what Scott was saying (as off topic as this is), when I worked at Borders, I heard that the #1 shoplifted book is the Bible. I always like to imagine the shoplifter gets home, reads the 10 commandmants & says, "Oh, damn, I wasn't supposed to do that!"
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Clay

Quote from: Ron Edwards
That does it. I'm gonna be the first cult leader in history to send out his own fucking deprogrammers. With baseball bats.

I'm only about an hour from the Moose, here at luxurious Moo U.  For a small monetary consideration I can be deprogramming in Ann Arbor by noon your time.  It'll be a change from programming in East Lansing.
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management

Jared A. Sorensen

A Jesus-fish, turned 90 degrees and filled with razor sharp teeth. A kind of pseudo-religious vagina dentata. That'll go over well in Peoria, I think (gross and juvenile, but hey...consider the source).

Hmmm. Different T-shirt designs, all with a common "look," with each shirt bearing one of the elements of sorcery...contact, summon, bind, command, banish...

- J
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

jrs

Quote from: hardcoremoose
It wasn't too long ago that I showed up for a game without my character sheet.  The call immediately went up from Paul and all the others: "What would Ron do about this?"  

WWRED?  He would drive you to your place of work where you left your Visor (wherein lies the vital character stats).  Fortunately, in my case, the round trip took about 15 minutes.

Julie