Game is already in process, but just began. You can read it here (http://katemare.livejournal.com/10579.html).Tenets
Story elements -
- Naval adventure.
- Lovecraft-esque horror.
- Pseudo-historic setting of Elizabethan time.
- Moral choice between sin and virtue.
Social contracts -
- Try to challenge only such details and/or in such way that preceding text wouldn't have to be overwritten.
- If a player doesn't act on his turn for a day, the next player can take the turn for free, or any other player can take it for 1 coin.
- No interrupts.
Rules gimmicks -
- No supernatural facts or components can be introduced into the game until there are 3 or 4 characters marked with "sympathetic" trait.
- Refresh rate for each scene based on the number of players who get refreshed: 12 for 2, 8 for 3, 6 for 4, 5 for 5 or more.
It's a friendly game, but our first try at Universalis online. I try to keep things neat by putting all the information in initial post. We're looking for 1 or 2 more players interested in the theme and able to post daily.