This was going to be a 'recommended reading' list for a while, then I started thinking of movies.
* The Lies of Locke Lamora (Scott Lynch)
* Anansi Boys (Neil Gaiman)
* Three Days To Never (Tim Powers)
* Declare (also Tim Powers)
* The Anubis Gates (also Tim Powers)
* Tale of the Fox and Wisdom of the Fox (Harry Turtledove)
* King Rat (China Mieville)
* Un Lun Dun (China Mieville)
* 1632 (Eric Flint)
* Fight Club (Chuck Palaniuk)
* Heroes Die (Matthew Woodring Stover)
(It was reading the Lies of Locke Lamora that inspired me to make this post. The other books are afterthoughts)
* Plunkett and Macleane
* Requiem for a Dream
* Burn Notice
* Strange Luck
* Odyssey 5
Everyone else is free to pipe up with suggestions. What has inspired you to do a Fastlane game? What have you read, or watched, that you think would fit into the Fastlane philosophy?
I'd have to go with Thieves' World (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thieves_World), definitely. The original anthology especially has an ethos that fits Fastlane perfectly.