Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 14, 2022, 05:47:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 81 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Access Announcement  (Read 3109 times)
Valamir

« on: April 29, 2004, 03:47:32 PM »

Well, it finally happened.  They said it was coming and it finally caught up with me.  The corporate net nanny just blocked indie-rpgs.  They'd already blocked rpg.net a few months back.

Therefor, as of today, I no longer have any access to the Forge (or any personal email at all) during the day.

This will unfortuneatly cut down my ability to participate dramatically until I can find an alternative...like a cellular blackberry or something...which they can't monitor.

Jason Lee

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 04:28:05 PM »

Ah, yes, corporate america, banning personal interests at work and demanding 9+ hour days (in addition to the commute).  Insuring that employee productivity remains high, by doing anything they can to keep employees miserable.

Wait... that doesn't make any sense.

Sorry Ralph.  That sucks.

- Cruciel
joshua neff

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 04:38:31 PM »

Ralph, you need to get a job where Mike works. Apparently, they actually stand over his shoulder & yell at him to post more to the Forge. Then they give him a Christmas bonus.

Or something like that.

--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes
talysman

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 09:21:48 PM »

Quote from: Valamir
Well, it finally happened.  They said it was coming and it finally caught up with me.  The corporate net nanny just blocked indie-rpgs.  They'd already blocked rpg.net a few months back.

Therefor, as of today, I no longer have any access to the Forge (or any personal email at all) during the day.

This will unfortuneatly cut down my ability to participate dramatically until I can find an alternative...like a cellular blackberry or something...which they can't monitor.

let's hope your employer doesn't do as other corporate managers have done and forbid non-work computing devices entirely. I remember the rancor at my last job, when management suddenly forbid people from bringing in laptops to work on during breaks.

John Laviolette
(aka Talysman the Ur-Beatle)
rpg projects: http://www.globalsurrealism.com/rpg
Valamir

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 11:09:30 AM »

The last few days I've been experimenting with a super-secret, no-I-can't-tell-you-about-it-so-don't-ask proxy site that has enabled me to circumvent the IT police for the time being.  

I'm attempting to use it sporadically so I don't trigger some new alert.

All is well...for now...

Jürgen Mayer

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 12:56:31 PM »

I hear you, Ralph. My participation on the Forge dropped significantly one and a half years ago, when I was located to another workplace. I work directly in the offices of a customer since then... and I wrote most of my posts during lunch break previously...

URL]http://disastermachine.com[/URLhttp://disastermachine.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: