Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 07, 2021, 04:24:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 73 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Structuring a Dogs in the Vineyard Campaign  (Read 2311 times)
Judd

Please call me Judd.

« on: August 28, 2004, 09:51:50 PM »

I've been thinking how I would work if it my current Dogs in the Vineyard one-shot turned into a campaign.

I think the first game should be in a town that is made up of the Faithful.  They should learn the weight and responsiblity of their vocation.

Two other geographical points stand out, Bridal Falls and Back East.  I think both would be essential for any game.  It would be especially interesting to run a session or two Back East where their coats go nearly unrecognized and satanic railroad barons twirl their mustacheos while plotting their demise.

I think re-visiting towns where their judgement has been wrought lends itself to interesting opportunities too.  It will be interesting to see the consequences of their judgements.  I would want the players to help brainstorm on how the town will be since the Dogs' visit.

Letting my players know that the first game was like a TV series trailer was a fantastic way to really embed the idea in their minds.  It worked.  They got it.

It is a simple formula.  Visit a town and solve the problem but the flavor in the game's text and the variants on the theme leave alot of room for some great games.

lumpley
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 03:31:23 PM »

Back in the soopaseekrit days, Tom and Jake riffed a wicked cool Back East campaign.  It's just a couple of comments starting here, but dang.

-Vincent
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: