Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 12, 2022, 07:50:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 76 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [Trollbabe] Sales spike  (Read 14048 times)
sirogit

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2005, 06:56:02 PM »

Quote from: b_bankhead
Hey has this sales spike also lead to a play spike?  If so would new Trollbabers(?) like to play online with an experienced player and GM?
Lately I play online at the #indierpgs channel on magicstar.net  , where some of the leading lights in indie gaming also hang out.

I put a set-up thread for such on the indie-netgamign board.
JamesDJIII

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 04:33:55 PM »

I just purchased my copy... and wow!- Good job Ron.

I was spurred to purchase over my initial "that's darn geeky" reaction to the title by a description of the conflict resolution as opposed to task resolution mechanics.

Just finished reading it... thanks again Ron for a good product worth every buck I spent.
remi
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2005, 11:44:39 PM »

Hi all,

as they say in the gross point blank movie "long time listnener, first time caller". (i.e., long time reader, first time poster, and long time gamer, recent indie gamer).

I bought Sorcerer several years ago in Paris. I cant' explain why but I was not excited about pdf.

Then, Wushu has been translated in french and I bought the pdf recently.
It was an eye opener (both the game and the distribution mode).
In the past few months, I have bought numerous indie games (InSpectres,
Elfs, TSOF, TROS, Cats,...). One of them is Trollbabe, I bought it for
many reasons, one of them is this sentence in TSOY "(In Ron Edwards' Trollbabe, this is called the free-and-clear stage.)"

--Remi

PS: Ron and Clinton thank you for this web site.
matthijs

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 12:49:45 AM »

I bought one right now, as a result of this thread :) If everyone else is doing it, I want to do it too. See, that's why I like indie games, we're all individuals making our well-informed choices, not affected by what other people say is cool and hot right now, and uh...

Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2005, 04:36:04 AM »

Hi everyone,

Although a number of the recent purchases remain unexplained, a lot of them now seem to be the result of cross-reference advertising and mentions in other games. Which is a very good thing, and perhaps a little payback for all the advertising I do in my games.

Note to self: get more Sorcerer, Elfs, and Trollbabe ads into upcoming games. Also: continue non-reciprocal advertising (i.e., not demanding anything) for existing and upcoming games in all Adept titles.

Best,
Ron
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: