Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2021, 10:06:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 80 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Where to post feedback on posting style  (Read 2099 times)
Alan

« on: May 13, 2005, 03:04:15 PM »

In the following thread, I noticed one poster critiquing not the thread-starter's content, but his presentation.  

http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?t=15393" >The Creation and Birth of a Character

I know we want to focus on content here at the Forge, but sometimes a poster could use some pointers on how to write more productive communications.  When is it kosher to give feedback on form?  Private email only?  Or in the thread itself?

- Alan

A Writer's Blog: http://www.alanbarclay.com
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 06:59:23 PM »

Hi Alan,

It's tricky, because to some extent, there are no rules except to stay within certain parameters. And in this case (as with many), I think it's not necessarily a general concern, but a personal one which is being expressed.

As in, "I'd like to interact with you about something you've said, but I'm having a hard time connecting with the totality of what you're saying." Again, it's a personal interaction which is (hopefully) being strengthened, not a general critique, however much it may sound like one or be taken as one.

If it's really a general issue, then maybe the best thing to do is for the concerned person to contact me privately. Then I can mediate or talk to whoever in a more "at the Forge" way, if I think that's called for.

Best,
Ron
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: