Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2022, 09:02:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 81 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Is it OK to talk about non-commercial game ideas here?  (Read 2193 times)
Danny_K

« on: May 27, 2005, 01:43:50 PM »

OK, I've made my share of faux pas in this forum, so before I make one more I'm going to ask in the appropriate place.  

I have a game idea I've been kicking around on RPG.Net for a week or so now, for a variation on the Wushu Open rules.  This started off as a conversion, but I'm now thinking I'd like to make it a free-standing flavor of Wushu, which I could then publish online or as a PDF.  I don't believe the Wushu Open license allows one to charge for it, and I honestly don't think I'd want to.  

This is probably as close to being a "real game designer" that I'll ever get -- is this an acceptable subject to post on in the Indie Design Forum?

I believe in peace and science.
Valamir

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 03:41:18 PM »

Having a published game simply means making it available for other people whom you don't really know to play.  Posting a completed game on a website for free is totally within the scope of the Forge.

That said, I'm puzzled by your differentiation of this and a "real" game designer.

What more do you think you'd need to do before you'd feel "real".

Design a game, make it available for people to play, people play it.

Seems pretty "real" to me.

Danny_K

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 04:18:58 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply.  Now for the hard work of having something worthwhile to say.

I believe in peace and science.
ReverendBayn

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 06:14:54 PM »

In point of fact, the Wushu Open license _does_ permit commercial publication :)
There's no "Share Alike" clause, either.

L8r, --Dan

P.S. If you're talking about the God-Fu setting, I'll have to start checking these forums more often!

Loath Your Fellow Man
http://www.Bayn.org
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: