Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2022, 12:02:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 121 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Meet the new boss, same as the old boss  (Read 34447 times)
Clinton R. Nixon

« on: July 16, 2005, 10:47:38 PM »

Everyone,

We've obviously changed the software the Forge runs on. My apologies for the current looks of it. It's all unintegrated and wacko. Give me a day or two to finish, but feel free to go ahead and use the software as is right now.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 07:36:47 AM by Clinton R. Nixon » Logged

Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games
Selene Tan

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 11:04:19 PM »

I miss the "Recent Topics" search link from the older forums. Does SMF have a similar feature?

RPG Theory Wiki
UeberDice - Dice rolls and distribution statistics with pretty graphs
Clinton R. Nixon

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 11:11:39 PM »

I miss the "Recent Topics" search link from the older forums. Does SMF have a similar feature?
You should see that right up top, under your name.

Going to sleep now, guys - I'll answer more questions in the morning.

Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games
Clinton R. Nixon

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 06:35:18 AM »

Seriously, is this thing faster? It feels like I'm driving a race car over here.

Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games
Joshua Patterson

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 06:39:43 AM »

Well, I've got a wierd problem.  I'm using Firefox under Linux.  When I view a thread, I scroll with the mouse wheel like I'm sure everyone else does.  However now, I'll get basically past the first message and hit a dead zone, where I can't scroll at all.  So I have to manually pull down from the side.  I went over to Simple Machines community forum and have the same problem.  In researching and setting it up, did you run across anyone else having this problem at all Clinton?

Note my scroll wheel works just fine everywhere else and actually works at the forge outside of viewing a thread.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 06:43:36 AM by Uzzah » Logged

- Joshua Patterson
Clinton R. Nixon

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 06:47:38 AM »

Joshua Patterson

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 06:50:57 AM »

Happens to me too - here and at Gmail. It's something about the way they make the search text boxes - Firefox totally gets trapped in them. However, since I've seen it at several websites (including my own weblog, not Gmail. But whatever...) I'm totally putting that one off on Firefox.

Hmmm, it doesn't suprise me that it's Firefox's problem.  Ah well, time to fire up lynx I guess.  Wink

- Joshua Patterson
Paul Czege
Acts of Evil Playtesters

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 07:03:01 AM »

Hey Clinton,

Did we lose the "saved messages" section of private messages?

Paul

My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans
Paul Czege
Acts of Evil Playtesters

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 07:14:05 AM »

Also, I seem to be missing several recently received private messages.

Paul

My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans
Clinton R. Nixon

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 07:18:22 AM »

Also, I seem to be missing several recently received private messages.

Paul

Paul,

I'll check on that. I've got a backup from when I converted it. (Last night, 10 PM.)

Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games
Clinton R. Nixon

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 07:43:33 AM »

On the private message issue: saved messages are still there, but they're integrated into your other private messages now. No one should be missing any private messages according to my accounting, but I could be wrong.

I will look into finding an extension for the forum software that allows for saved private messages in a separate queue.

Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games
Andy Kitkowski

I LIKE GAMES

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2005, 08:48:44 AM »

Wow.  VERY interesting.  I know you're gonna be adjusting here and there for a bit.  Just wanted to say that I like the current color scheme. 

Still, it's gonna take my brain a while to adjust. 

The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.
Larry L.

aka Miskatonic

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2005, 11:25:24 AM »

Clinton,

Just so you know, old posts don't seem to be accessible. I can't reach the posts listed in "The Infamous Five."

Jason Petrasko

Rocking out!

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2005, 11:26:08 AM »

Yes, the forum feels much faster- at least on my end. Go go gadget Clinton! Smiley

Clinton R. Nixon

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2005, 12:01:49 PM »

Clinton,

Just so you know, old posts don't seem to be accessible. I can't reach the posts listed in "The Infamous Five."

Larry,

Good catch. It's fixed now. Thanks!

Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Jump to: