Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2021, 03:44:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 94 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Introducing new games to old players  (Read 8329 times)
Halzebier

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2005, 01:27:21 PM »

In actual play, I found that the winner essentially always canceled all the loser's successes.  For cases with more than two players, the rules said to put them into "sides".  Winning side goes first, but on each side, the person who "owns" a set of dice gets to determine what the successes from them are used for.

I like the go-round solution you've laid out. Another thing to consider, perhaps, is making cancelling twice as or increasingly expensive. So if player A uses his successes to buy "(a) I save the princess, (b) she falls in love with me, and (c) I look cool to the king doing it all", player B might concede (c) and even (a), but cancel (b) ("I watch the heroic rescue from the sidelines, but my eyes meet the princess' and she immediately forgets all about guy impressing her father").

Dunno if this is workable, tho.

Regards,

Hal
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: