Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 03, 2021, 02:44:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 93 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: That Other Game  (Read 3590 times)
Mike Holmes
Acts of Evil Playtesters

« on: May 01, 2006, 07:57:56 AM »

So I was just traipsing through all of the independent company fora, and for some reason the tag line for Chimera Creative caught my eye - it says that Chimera has two games, Dust Devils and Dreamspire.

So, Dreampsire...is that just another name for Nine Worlds? Or a game that I helped you with working on dice mechanics and premise that I recall from somewhere in the back recesses of my mind.

;-)

Mike

Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.
Lance D. Allen

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 10:08:26 AM »

We wants our Dreamspire, and we means to haves it!

On a more serious note, this was one of the cooler game ideas I remember from my early days at the Forge. What's the status on this one?

~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls
Matt Snyder

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 12:44:44 PM »

Dreamspire is "still not dead," as my boss is fond of saying. Mike, your hazy memory is mainly correct, although even I can't remember what iteration of the rules I consulted you on. It was some time ago, and I likely abandoned whatever those were.

Currently, my publishing schedule is: Dust Devils revised, 44, and Dreamspire. My plan is to release Dreamspire using The Shadow of Yesterday rules framework. However, I've already tinkered extensively with that system, and the end result may be quite different when all is said and done.

Realistically, I won't have Dreamspire completed until next year.

Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra
Mike Holmes
Acts of Evil Playtesters

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 10:29:20 AM »

Alrighty...it's just that it seems that Dreamspire is the red-headed step-child that keeps getting pathetically bumped to the end of the queue. ;-)

Mike

Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: