Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 11, 2022, 05:57:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 66 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Starting a game and quite lost...  (Read 19433 times)
joepub
Acts of Evil Playtesters

Joe Thomas McDonald

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2006, 02:12:02 PM »

I'm also really digging the "keys" idea Joe said.  I don't think that flashbacks should be for just buying skills.  I would want them to shape your character, not just fill out a character sheet.

Clinton R. Nixon, the author, puts all his games up on his website in .txt format.
You can then buy the pretty book with illustrations and nice formatting if you want to, but all the rules are available for your perusal.

(Indie designers are so awesome in that regard, hey? Give you a real taste at what you're buying, before you shill out the dough.)

GreatWolf

designer of Dirty Secrets

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2006, 07:41:16 AM »

Just a word of encouragement:

As a fan of Dark City, I would so totally play this game.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown
earwig

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2006, 08:34:35 PM »

Actually, yeah, Dark City was a big influence on this game.  However, the more I developed the background, the more it came into its own.

And now that armed with some fantasic ideas from some of the good folks here at The Forge, it's going to be even better.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Chris
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to: