Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 10, 2022, 12:51:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 62 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tactics Engine  (Read 1823 times)
Teh_Az

« on: February 01, 2007, 02:08:20 AM »

Teh_Az

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 02:08:38 AM »

10% of CON+STR] damage points every round until the bleeding is stopped.
Fatigue Limit
Fatigue Limit is equal to CON+STR.
Pain Limit
The amount of damage a soldier could take without gaining penalties. A soldier feels pain when his vitality limit is reached beyond 50% or when one attack deals 30% of damage. To ascertain whether the soldier could endure it or not roll a Pain Check [D20+the amount of damage taken]. Then roll an Endure ChecSkill Rank+Trait+D6-Penalties].

Name
This is the name of the skill. It identifies the skill as a unique action separate from other skill of almost similar function.
Family
This is the trait family of the skill. This shows what trait modifies the success of a skill and what trait the skill helps in growing
Rank
This is the proficiency level of a character in this skill. Rank may have as many levels as a game-master wants.
Description
This is the function of the skill. It is either an active skill which acts as an action or a passive skill which acts as a modifier to other actions.

An Example

Name: Pistol
Family: DEX and WIS
Rank: Master (form Basic, Apprentice, Journeyman, and Master. Four level ranks)
Description: A passive skill actins as a modifier for attack using pistols. This is the measure of how good your character is using pistols.

Knowledge is something else. Knowledge is the academic area of expertise by which a soldier studies or steadily learns an area of knowledge. Since this is merely an engine these mechanics will only provide a basic template and an example for players to create their own settings for.

Lore
Scholarly Curve
This is the duration of time in hours for this knowledge to be learned. The value decreases by INT and increases with each progression of rank.
Rank
Description

Basically I just ant to know whether the systems and concepts I'm using are fun, simple, balanced, and player friendly.

I'd like to know to if some of the stuff above is publishable under an open source license similar to the stuff I've seen in Free Roleplay Community.

I don't understand the whole Open Gaming Licenses and I wanna make sure I know what I'm doing.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: