Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2021, 09:29:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 80 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [DitV] Relationships as fallout?  (Read 3160 times)
AnakinOU

« on: September 27, 2007, 02:13:44 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, you can take relationships (at d4) as minor fallout from conflicts.  Most other fallout seems to be negative...taking injuries, lowering stats, etc.  How is getting additional dice a "bad" thing?  Sure, you increase the chances of rolling fallout, but you also increase your options for seeing/raising.  I don't see how that's really a bad thing.

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious...I haven't actually played the game yet.
Web_Weaver

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 03:47:21 PM »

Simplest answer is that you get to add complicated relationships to your character.

Such complications are both negative in their outlook to the character (reflected in low dice and more scope for taking the blow) and positive in terms of added investment in the town for the player (reflected in dice usefulness).

Or possibly more simply any added relationship is a good thing story wise whether it be positive or negative to the character.

And so, to play devils advocate to your question, all negative fallout can be positive not just d4 relationships, it just depends on how you look at it.

lumpley
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »

If the game punished the players for taking the blow, they wouldn't take the blow!

-Vincent
ffilz

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 03:53:45 PM »

I think it's helpful also to consider that the game isn't about "my guy has lots of dice" it's "what does it mean that my guy has all these dice in these various traits and relationships."

Frank

Frank Filz
AnakinOU

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 09:40:44 AM »

That makes sense.  Once I see it in play, I imagine it'll all click a little better.  Thanks, guys!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: