Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2022, 07:19:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 79 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: i have to gush for a minute.  (Read 4219 times)
Marshall Burns

« on: November 30, 2007, 01:32:11 PM »

Sorry, but I just have to gush for a moment.

This site makes me giddy.  I am so glad that I found it.  I have been reading posts since I began posting last night, and I have not yet slept.  I have been that excited, impressed, and inspired by all this stuff.  Thank you for making this place exist.

One thing's for sure.  I gotta save up some money and start buying me some games.  First on the list:  kill puppies for satan.

Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 02:17:01 PM »

Oh, Vincent'll love that.

Welcome! Uh, feel free to exert critical disagreement wherever it seems to need it, too. Once the rush wears off and all.

Best, Ron
Marshall Burns

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 05:06:24 PM »

Oh yeah, don't worry, I'm sure I will.  Although I must warn, I can be kindof a sonofabitch.  But I mean well.

Damn, my head is still buzzing with ideas.  Dogs in the Vineyard showed me how to do an appropriate conflict resolution for my weird western--poker betting and bluffing mechanics, it's so Obvious, why didn't I think of it?

But what I'm REALLY excited about is that, from looking at games like kpfs, My Life With Master, and Sorcerer, I have learned that my impossible dream -- a game based on the works of William S. Burroughs -- COULD actually be done!  That makes me giddy like a schoolgirl.  I'm not actually going to Attempt it yet, but at least I know it's practicable.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: