Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 07, 2021, 10:41:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 73 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Contradictions in the Stickies  (Read 3134 times)
markgamemaker

« on: February 24, 2010, 05:27:16 PM »

Stone, Steel, and Steam - Beta Testers Wanted!
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 06:52:01 PM »

Hiya,

I can see where you're coming from. I can clarify some of it, and there's definitely some that needs fixing.

First, clarification. If you have a game in design, and if you've ever, ever playtested it, and you want to discuss it, then use the Playtesting forum. That forum isn't for directly soliciting playtesters except as a side effect of the discussions. Which fortunately does tend to work pretty well sometimes.

More clarification: if you haven't playtested the game yet, ever, and if you want to discuss it or some aspect of it, then use First Thoughts. As with Playtesting, this is very useful in generating interest in playtesting, but again, the forum isn't for "here it is, please playtest it, bye" announcement type threads.

Now for the correction, and you're right, as written, it's kind of messed up. It is OK to solicit playtesters in an announcement format in the Connections forum. I'll correct that in the sticky. Thanks for bringing this up.

Best, Ron
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: