Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 12, 2022, 01:30:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 76 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: pagan publishing forum  (Read 2793 times)
kwill

« on: August 16, 2001, 07:05:00 AM »

according to the website "our creators own what they create" which fits the indie definition that the forge supports -- could you set up a pagan publishing forum at some stage?

I know that Tynes now keeps a weblog up on Revland [ http://www.johntynes.com ] and has commented in various forums before, but I'm not sure how vocal he/other paganites would be -- there's no harm in trying though, I reckon

d@vid
Mytholder

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2001, 07:45:00 AM »

I'm somewhat iffy about this.

I mean, Pagan are the smallest of the small (if the coolest of the cool) when it comes to "the industry", but they're still the industry. They're a "real company."

Then again, the line between Sorcerer and, say, Unknown Armies is an increasingly thin one.

Is "indie" creator-owned? If so, then if, um, Peter Adkinson had written a game when he was with Wotc, would that have been indie?

Is "indie" reserved for people who are "pushing the boundaries of game design"? How do you define this? Is someones AD&D clone indie?

Is "indie" outside the normal distributor/retailer chain? Then is Sorcerer indie?

All that said....John Tynes is a very cool guy, and if we can get him on here, that'd rock...(and yes, I know there's more to Pagan than Tynes. I'm exploiting the Tynes effect here.)
kwill

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2001, 08:33:00 AM »

This Message was edited by: kwill on 2001-08-16 12:34 ]

d@vid
Clinton R. Nixon

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2001, 09:03:00 AM »

Just so this topic doesn't get too heavily debated:

If someone from Pagan Publishing e-mailed me and asked for a forum - great. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

If not: well, they're quasi-indie, totally cool, and write some damn fine gaming stuff. But they also have their own websites (and fine ones at that), mailing lists, and other fora.

Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games
kwill

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2001, 04:56:00 PM »

On 2001-08-16 13:03, Clinton R Nixon wrote:
Just so this topic doesn't get too heavily debated:

sorry, that wasn't the intention -- or rather, a "should we or shouldn't we" argument wasn't the intention -- I'm still interested to see what others think about the "what is indie, exactly?" topic

(don't tell me I have to start *another* thread! :smile:)

d@vid
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: