Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 12, 2022, 06:43:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 76 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Who Uses the Forge the most?  (Read 6365 times)
Jeph

Jeff Schecter

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2003, 12:50:40 PM »

Samachadreal, one of the things that I like best about The Forge is that it's members are so willing to reference (and provide links to) similar and helpful threads. Often, you'll find that posting a thread about a subject will turn up more useful results than a serach on it would, in addition to a few fresh insights.

I joined just a little while ago; two months and two days ago, in fact; and have found that speaking up usually is more helpful than sorting through piles of info.

JME,
-Jeph

Jeffrey S. Schecter: Pagoda / Other
Mike Holmes
Acts of Evil Playtesters

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2003, 01:17:37 PM »

Quote from: Jeph
Samachadreal, one of the things that I like best about The Forge is that it's members are so willing to reference (and provide links to) similar and helpful threads. Often, you'll find that posting a thread about a subject will turn up more useful results than a serach on it would, in addition to a few fresh insights.

Oh no you don't. We're willing, sure. But everyone, please do that search first. I don't know how often someone has a question and I go to the search engine myself and find the enswer in one shot.

Please, do your research first. Then - when you can't seem to find anything, or what you find isn't useful - then ask. The members here are nobody's personal search assistant. And I for one resent it when people use us instead of the fine search engine present.

Sorry, but I had to get that off my chest.

That all said, people ought not feel daunted. Sure you'll make a few mistakes coming out. I did. But you'll find participating to be about 20 times more rewarding than standing on the sidelines. It's worth the effort. IMO.

Mike

Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: